Monday, December 23, 2013

Sandia Peak skiing (very good classic)

Dec 23rd email from Fredrik: 

"
Hi Sandia Peak Skiers,
This morning I groomed and set a classical track on all trails on the map attached.  Around 5 inches of powder and cold snow.  Great skiing up there so have fun.   If you enjoy the tracks and like the grooming, please consider donating a small amount to the UNM Ski Team on www.unmskiteamfanclub.com 
I have received one very generous donation so far and I am in the process of ordering some grooming equipment that will make the trails even better.  I also put up some signs so maybe a couple of people will walk on the side, instead of right in the track.
I will post updates on my grooming on the University of New Mexico Facebook site in the future.  Today’s grooming will be the last for a while.  I am taking the team to Utah and Montana in early January and I will not be back until the 19th.  After that we will put in some hours again to get the trails better.  The best way you can help to make the grooming easier for me when I get back is to shovel snow from the upper side to the lower side of the trail.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Fredrik Landstedt
Head Coach UNM Ski Team
landsted@unm.edu"

see map below for trails groomed:  

(to get to the groomed trails either take the Sandia Peak tram to the top and enter on the tram service road (sw corner of loop) or take the crest hwy to either the 10K  or Ellis
trailhead.

Ron


No comments: